Pumpkin Spice Biscotti with Hazelnut & Vanilla Glaze
Recipe courtesy of Chef Brett Hunt
2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Hazelnuts, Chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, salt, baking powder, and pumkin pie spice until completely combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer (or a bowl for mixing), cream together the pumpkin puree and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure the first one is completely incorporated before you add the 2nd. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In 1/2 cup increments, add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until all is incorporated or until you have a very thick cookie-like dough. Gently fold in with a wooden spoon the chopped hazelnuts.
- Flour your work surface and dump the dough onto it. Mold into a 12″ by 4″ log and transfer to your baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until just hard to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely for about 45 minutes to an hour. Transfer the parchment paper along with the biscotti to a cutting board and cut 1/2 inch slices, cut side down.
- Bake again for about 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way
- Once cooled slightly, dip in vanilla glaze or drizzle over. Can also be served plain.
Enjoy your Pumpkin Spice Biscotti with an ice-cold pint of Erdinger Dunkel!
Brett Hunt is a creative chef passionately trying to make food sustainable, affordable and fun for everyone of all ages.