Classic Gingersnap Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Chef Brett Hunt
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Shortening
1 tbsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Dark Molasses
1/3 cup Cinnamon Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Combine ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir the mixture to blend evenly.
- Place the shortening into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar then beat in the egg and then the molasses.
- Mix in about 1/3 of the flour mix into the shortening mix, stir to thoroughly blend. Next, add the remaining flour mixture and mix together until a soft dough forms.
- Pinch off small amounts of dough and roll into 1″ diameter balls between your hands
- Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar and then place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet
- Bake in pre-heated oven until tops are rounded and slightly cracked, about 10 minutes
- Cool cookies on cooling rack.
Enjoy your Classic Gingersnap Cookies with a pint of Delirium Tremens for a festive holiday treat!