This Pink Peppercorn Parfait is a special treat to enjoy with your special someone on Valentine’s Day!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Chrystal Porter
- 150 grams white chocolate
- 500 ml 35% whipping cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml water
- 115 grams sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp crushed pink peppercorns
- Whisk the whipping cream with vanilla and crushed pink peppercorns and whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside in the fridge for later.
- Put your chocolate in a bowl over simmering water to melt. Set aside.
- In a small pot, add your water and sugar and cook on medium-low heat until it has reached about 230 degrees (it should have the consistency of syrup). Take off the heat and let stand for a couple of minutes.
- Place egg yolks into a mixer with a whisk attachment and whisk until yolks are thick and pale and have reached triple their volume. Slowly add your cooled syrup to your egg yolks and whip until cool. (Approximately 3-5 minutes.)
- Next, fold in the melted white chocolate and the whipped cream until just incorporated. Place in a pan and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- 1/4 cup Früli Strawberry Wheat Beer (available at the LCBO)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quartered strawberries
- Combine beer and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix strawberries into saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until strawberries are soft and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a bottle and refrigerate.
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 c sugar
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
- In a mixer beat your egg whites until stiff. Gradually add your sugar until peaks form.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, using a teaspoon drop the egg white mixture 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, making sure the centre is dry when you take them out of the oven.
- White chocolate peppercorn parfait
- Früli Strawberry Syrup
- Cut or scoop the parfait into desired shapes
- Layer parfait and crushed meringue with strawberry syrup in a parfait glass
- Serve with long spoons.