This Valentine’s Day whip up a sweet treat that will woo chocolate and beer lovers alike!
Recipe courtesy of Pastry Chef Chrystal Porter.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 cup Mort Subite
- 8 weight ounces (225 g) good quality chocolate (70% cocoa content)
Ingredients for the coating:
- 8oz (225 g) good quality chocolate (from a shiny bar, this means it has previously been tempered) can be milk, dark or white chocolate
- 1/4c cocoa powder
- 3 tsp ground espresso beans
- 1 tsp good quality coarse sea salt
- Add the beer to a pot over high heat. Reduce by half (about 1/2 cup remaining), stirring frequently. Remove from heat, break the 8 ounce of chocolate into chunks, stir until smooth and melted.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out a small amount of chocolate. Place lollipop sticks in the centre of the truffle and lean upright on a tray, place in freezer for 15 mins
- Place the chocolate in a bowl for the coating over simmering water to melt.
- Mix cocoa powder, ground espresso and sea salt.
- Take truffles from the freezer, dip each centre the melted chocolate, rolling off and excess on the sides of the bowl, then quickly rolling each into the cocoa powder mixture. These have to be done one at a time as the chocolate will harden quite quickly.