Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Rosemary ham, Fig Jam & Smoked Gouda
Recipe courtesy of Chef Rob Thomas.
- 6 slices French bread (or any type of bread you like)
- 3 oz Smoked Gouda, grated (1 cup) or sliced (1-2 per sandwich)
- 6 slices Rosemary Ham (2 per sandwich)
- 3 Tbsp fig jam
- Soft salted butter for spreading
- Spread the fig jam on the inside of each slice of bread.
- Layer with Smoked Gouda and rosemary ham.
- butter the outside pieces of the bread.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the sandwich in the pan and grill, turning once the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp and brown.
- Remove from pan, cut in small pieces for appetizer size servings or cut in half for yourself! serve right away.
- Pair this sweet and salty grilled cheese with a pint of Erdinger Dunkel. It’s light, refreshing taste will cut through the richness of the gouda and fig jam.