SPINACH ARTICHOKE & BEER CHEESE CROSTINI
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1 inch slices (or use crostini crackers)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup Affligem Blond abbey ale
- 1 tsp red chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 14 oz artichoke hearts
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over, bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown. (If using crostini crackers just brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper but do not put in oven yet).
- While the bread cooks, make the cheese dip.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan, half the mozzarella, spinach, cornstarch, beer (Affligem Blond), chili sauce and garlic powder, process until well combined.
- Add to a saucepan over medium heat along with the artichoke hearts. Cook, stirring frequently, until hot and bubbly.
- Spoon cheese dip onto the toasted bread or crostini crackers. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Or, serve sauce in a bowl with crostini or crackers arranged around for dipping.
- Serve warm.